What is the purpose of the Equipped to Counsel 1 (ETC 1) class?
Our passion for equipping churches leads us to provide a unique training opportunity through the Association of Biblical Counseling. Equipped to Counsel is an 8-month course designed to train followers of Christ to apply the gospel in both personal and issue-specific ways, so that we, as the body of Christ, can learn how to wisely and biblically disciple suffering people. We address both the theology and practice of gospel-centered counseling. Participants are trained to minister effectively to individuals, couples, and families from a biblical perspective on change in the context of community. Issues such as addictions, anxiety, anger, and depression are explored. This class is for ministry leaders, pastors and others that desire to practice biblical counseling.
What does my fee include for ETC 1?
- 9 expected in-person trainings on either Thursday morning or Thursday evening
- Textbook, articles and videos to self study, homework that is graded by an instructor
- Weekly interaction with your group leader and classmates through our online learning module.
- Opportunities for video observations
- A Made to Minister (M2M) certificate upon completion or
- An ABC certification upon completion
What is the class size limit?
This year we will keep our class size to 25 students per time slot in order to meet social distancing mandates. We have built flexibility into the course in case of new State directives. Should changes be required, we will roll our in-person classes over to live (synchronous) Zoom meetings with breakout sessions.
What is a hybrid style class?
A hybrid style format includes a once-a-month in-person class meeting with homework and online interaction with instructors and group leaders in weeks between class. We are excited about this opportunity that allows busy ministry leaders to spend less time in class while still experiencing the rich content of the ETC curriculum. Our on-campus meetings will focus on practical application. Each three-hour class will include highlights from assigned reading, examples of what applying the course content looks like, observation of counseling cases, and role play. Between classes, our experienced graders will interact as students respond to what they are reading.
What is the purpose of Equipped to counsel 2 (ETC 2)?
- Help students apply theology to the specifics of face‐to‐face ministry, specifically to marriages and families.
- Help students enhance their skills in counseling and one-another care
- Develop more experience by discussing a broad range of counseling case studies
- To receive supervision on counseling case studies
- If you are ABC Certified, this class will cover your CEU’s for the year
Is there any prerequisites to doing ETC 2?
Yes. In order to be enrolled in ETC 2 you need to have completed ETC 1. If you would like to take the course and have not completed ETC 1, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What does my fee include for ETC 2?
- 3-expected in-person trainings on Thursday evenings
- Books, video lectures, and graded assignments
- Continues CEU’s for those that are ABC certified