Salem Heights Biblical Counseling Reopening
In keeping with the Governor’s Phase 1 and Phase 2 guidelines for re-opening in our
community, we will begin to offer gradually increasing hours of in-person counseling on
campus at Salem Heights Church. In-person appointments will be scheduled at the
discretion of each individual counselor and based on each counselee’s availability and
needs. Your counselor will contact you directly to discuss a plan for proceeding with
Open In-Person Counseling Hours:
Tuesday (Phase 1 & 2): 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
Wednesday (Phase 2 only): 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
Monday (Phase 2 only): 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm
If in-person counseling sessions are scheduled, please read the following protocols
being implemented to ensure the safety of counselees who will be returning for in-
person appointments. The new guidelines for counselors and counselees follow:
PROCEDURES FOR COUNSELEES:
1. The church main office entrance door will be the primary access to the building
and will be locked at all times. Please ring the bell and we will assist you with
where to wait for your appointment.
2. Counselors will wear a mask in the common/waiting areas and hallways
and until everyone is seated in a social distanced situation. If the client is
wearing a mask the counselor should wear a mask even when in a social
distanced seating situation. Masks will be provided to the clients if they
would like one.
3. All clients will be asked for a brief temperature check. If a client is running a
temperature, the counseling session will need to a rescheduled at a later date. If
you are running a temperature of 100.4 or higher, experiencing a cough,
shortness of breath, or other Coronavirus symptoms, please do not come to your
session. Contact your counselor as soon as possible, to let them know of the
cancellation and to work on rescheduling. Make an appointment with your
primary care provider and follow his/her instructions.
Counselees must be symptom free for 14 days prior to their in-person
4. Disinfect your hands with hand sanitizer and/or hand washing before and after
5. Please keep a distance of at least 6 feet from other people at all times.
PROCEDURES FOR STAFF:
1. Counselors will wash hands frequently and/or use hand sanitizer, before and
after each counseling session at minimum.
2. Counselors and staff will practice social distancing. Staying at least 6 feet from
other people at all times.
3. Counselors and staff will disinfect their work spaces frequently (using disinfectant
4. Touched surfaces will be disinfected after each use.
Please remember remote counseling will continue to be made available to all of our
counselees and your counseling may continue in remote format for as long as is needed